Thursday, June 6, 2013

Defensive Drills #1

In some sports practice is not fun at all but to me the best part of football are the hitting drills. There are so many good ones that I cannot even tell what one is the best but I think I can narrow it down to at least 5.
#5- The diamond drill. This drill is one of the hardest hitting drill I know. In this drill you have a running back and a tackler. This drill is used to work on tour open field tackling. You have four cones set up in a diamond formation and when the running back reaches the first cone he has to make a cut to one side, at the same time the other player has the run to the cone on the other side and then break down until he commits and then you hit him.
#4- My 4th favorite drill I think it is called the scrape and fill drill. In this drill you have a linebacker and a running back. Your coach will stand behind the linebacker and give the running back what hole to go through. Then if you are a linebacker you know what I mean about you have to scrape and fill. If you are not a linebacker I will give you a basic idea of what it is but if you still don’t get it check out my cowriters linebacker blog it is my favorite one that we did so far. So scrape and fill is when you side step until you see the running back go through the hole. When that happens you break and fill your hole.
I will be having the top 3 hitting drills in enough blog. We are asking for all the people who read this blog to put up their favorite drill.  

No comments:

Post a Comment